Monday, August 26, 2019

Trump Is The Source Of Much Of Chaos Gripping The Nation - Minister Robert P Sellers, Baptist News

The president is correct that together we are experiencing a frightening dis-ease. What he doesn’t seem to recognize is that he is the source of much of the chaos.

President Donald Trump has publicly blamed mental illness for mass shootings and other gun violence. 

I agree that there does exist an insanity, a moral pathology, that is endangering all of us – and many have already become victims.

On the other hand, I do not understand the threat in the same way he does. Indeed, I believe Trump himself is the foundational problem for many of the dangers our nation now faces


I write as a Christian and lifelong minister and seminary professor. My Christian faith dictates how I should live and requires that I do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God. To be a silent witness to the troubling words and deeds of our nation’s leader would present a false testimony to my neighbors.

I view the president’s character as wildly contrary to the portrait of God in Christ; the polar opposite of the One to whom I am committed.

The president is correct that together we are experiencing a frightening dis-ease. What he doesn’t seem to recognize is that he is the source of much of the chaos.

The full article is available here